Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What is a Real Friend?

I find it ironic that I am learning more about friends as I watch my daughter navigate her way through the trials of girl friendships. Oh yes, there is drama. It changes second by second. I do take comfort in the fact that we are both equally shocked when our expectation is crushed. We both have a basic expectation that a true friend would never be mean. What is "being mean"? Saying, doing or acting in any way that causes pain with intention. If someone hurts you intentionally. That is mean. A friend also has your back. If you are being hurt by someone a real friend doesn't watch. They come to your assistance, or at least by your side. I have to ask myself are these expectations too high or do I not have as many friends as I thought??????

1 comment:

  1. There is someone here in WV, that has always and will always have your back!! May not be around each other much anymore, but if you ever need me, I will do my best to be there for you.

    ReplyDelete