Saturday, September 6, 2008

We made it!





We arrived in Athens yesterday.... with much gratitude after the grueling 11 hours flight. The last 3 hours can play tricks with your mind. I actually considered running laps around the plane. Thankfully, a movie and a meal helped the time pass but I couldn't sleep for the life of me. So I arrived very, very tired. But I went to the welcome luncheon once we arrived at the hotel and then crashed for two hours in the room. We woke up later and joined everyone for cocktails on the beautiful rooftop restaurant, where we could see Acropolis. The hotel is magnificent with marble everywhere and luxurious decor. We were told that it had some renovations in preparation for the 2004 olympics that were held here. We saw the amazing stadium where the very first olympics were held. I'll post those photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment