Wednesday, July 8, 2009

No Scale!?

So we are in Minneapolis and having a great time! I am *trying* to be mindful of my goals and have found it very difficult to be without a scale to check-in on my weight! I am curious to see what it says when we return. I haven't been snacking at all and we have had to do some walking for most of our meals which I have been very thoughtful about what I'm ordering. I have been sticking with my push-ups and sit-ups each day and manage to get them both in before bed time!

The hotel has a fitness room with great cardio equipment so I have been able to squeeze in at least an hour of sweating a day. Today, I mixed it up a little and ran for about 20 minutes of my 60 on the treadmill. I also haven't had diet coke at my finger tips all day long so it's made my goal of rehabbing the diet coke outta my life, a little more realistic!

One of the most enjoyable things I have seen is the statue of Mary Tyler Moore. I loved that show (I think that I watched reruns of it after it was off the air). But I loved her independence and spirit. Another thing I like here is that I don't HAVE to have a car! We have walked mostly everywhere and the public transportation to further away places (like the Mall of America and the airport) is a breeze! In reading vairous tourist literature, I have found that there's a lot to see and do here in Minneapolis. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment