Sunday, August 24, 2008

All that when I'm Just here for a visit!

Yikes! I didn't realize there's so much I have to think about to leave the country. Just going through some paperwork and learning that I have to bring an outlet converter for things like my laptop and hairdryer (I haven't decided yet if I'm actually brining one...don't they have them in rooms now?)... And also, apparently traveler's cheques are NOT the way to go? And, there are warnings posted in various literature about the area regarding "tourist traps." Also, our travel instructions once we land in Athens is that we have to go to immigration..(what? I'm not immigrating???) and then we have to clear customs! So add that to the home based things that have to be considered (how many people will it take to fill my shoes? - while I am taking a lot of them with me, I'll need to leave some here - that many shoes might be considered contraband and could keep me from getting through customs!) I guess I'll just consider these little details items to check off the list as I approach and resolve or prepare for them. This is going to be some adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment