Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Dress to Go With That Necklace

I had the great fortune of being "trapped" at the mall while my daughter modeled (that's right, I said "modeled") in a back-to-school fashion show at Macy's. Although I was trying to convince myself that most of the "necessary" shopping for my trip was done, I was drawn to the dresses. According to the agenda, we will need a "cocktail" dress. Too bad they weren't serving them while I was looking for a dress. I didn't really have a plan or even an idea of what I wanted. Ironically, the old trick I used with men (figuring out first what I DIDN'T want) proved to come in handy. I knew I didn't want a BLACK dress. Been there, done that. I found a cute little metallic number that fit like glove and very modestly priced! JACKPOT! But, it's like they say, it ain't over yet. I couldn't help but think that I needed some trendy little something around my neck. On my quest to find it, I was tripped up outside the window of Cache where I saw a sparkly little something that stopped me in my tracks. And that's when I ended up with a dress to go with my necklace (and the matching bracelet of course). Thank goodness I already had the shoes I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment