Saturday, August 23, 2008

I should have known better.... ?

In preparation for my trip to tropical Greece... I decided I should get a little sun in the suit I was lucky enough to find (did I already mention it was the first one I tried on?). So, I bravely went to my backyard resort (while the babysitter hooked the kids up with some lunch)... WITHOUT any SPF. My plan was to get about 30 minutes on each side and then maybe if I wanted more, break out the SPF. Let's just say that 30 minutes was TOO LONG! I think that the California sun is more intense than the seldom-seen sunshine of my yesterdays in the heart of it all, Ohio. (it's too bad they lost that slogan, I liked it).... Anyway, I should have known better. Shouldn't I? I mean I am not STILL that 20 something girl who went for the tan, no matter how bad the burn. Am I? I should think not! Maybe sometimes, we just like to go back and dip our toes into the pool of who we used to be... to see if we'd like to dive in... one more time. As for me me, I think I'll put the SPF on FIRST...and I'll be packing some along! I considered putting a picture of the results of my resort fun... but believe me, I did know better than to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment